Easter Weekend in Bullets
Hello! It’s been a while … again. At the moment I’m trying out “intuitive blogging”, which is basically something I’ve just made up, but to me it means only blogging when I feel like it and I’ve got something to say. Over the past week I’ve been very lazy with blogging and taking photos etc., so I haven’t written anything. However, today the urge to write a post has come over me, so I will go with the flow.
I’ve had an incredibly relaxing weekend, which has been much needed. Seeing as it was a gloriously long four-day weekend I think the best way to organise my thoughts is in bullet-point format. So here’s how Easter went for me:
- Good Friday was a bit of a write-off really because I was so tired from the 11 mile run I did on Thursday night. I’ve done a quite a few runs of over 10 miles now, but I haven’t done one in the evening with running club since the summer. It felt really good at the time and we finished with an amazing 9:06 min/mile pace, which was made even more amazing by the fact that the first 4 miles were all uphill! I loved running faster and felt like I was keeping up with speedier runners. However, I did not sleep well on Thursday night and ended up getting up at about 2.30am to have a couple of painkillers, a drink, some cereal and watch some How I Met Your Mother to quiet my mind. I have another 11 miles on the schedule for this Thursday and I actually have to work on Friday – eek! I think I need to experiment with refuelling because I don’t think that eating a heavy meal late at night helped me. I’m going to try a calorie-dense smoothie instead.
- After an uncharacteristic lie-in on Friday I did some spring cleaning. I’m definitely not big on household chores usually, but I quite enjoyed it for some reason. I’m frustrated that everything gets dirty again though! I also did 20 minutes of hatha yoga from yogadownload.com which helped with my post-run recovery.
- On Friday afternoon I went shopping and mainly bought bras. I definitely mustn’t have been feeling myself on Friday because I usually despise bra shopping. It’s right up there with shopping for jeans and swimsuits. There’s something about trying on bras that really makes me scrutinise my body and be dissatisfied with it, especially as I see my back and sides as “problem areas”. However, I was able to see past all that and managed to find three much needed bras that fit and look ok. I was extremely proud of myself!
- Despite getting up late I was ready for bed by 9:3o! It’s an exciting life I lead.
- Peter arrived sometime in the early hours of Saturday morning. Our sleep schedules completely clash …
- I hopped out of bed bright and early-ish on Saturday to go for a very easy 5 mile run. I didn’t wear my Garmin, I just went at the speed my slightly tired legs wanted to move at.
- Saturday was spent mostly watching Season 3 of Dexter. Peter and I are completely addicted to this show and many many episodes were viewed.
- My Mum gave us some money to go for a meal for Easter, so we went out for Thai food at Thai Aroy Dee in Leeds. The restaurant was nothing to look at, but the food was good. I tried to take photos on my phone, but clearly I need more practice because they didn’t turn out that well. As a taster this is what I had for a starter:
Hot and spicy prawn soup
- On Sunday morning I went out for another run. This time I did 3 miles total with 2 miles of minute-long intervals. This was tough and I was extremely hot and sweaty when I got home. I then got out my yoga mat and did the 20 minute Yoga For Runners from yogadownload.com.
- Sunday then consisted of watching nearly the whole of Dexter season 4! Yep there’s a serious addiction going on here.
- On Monday we finally peeled ourselves away from Dexter and went to Roundhay Park in Leeds. I mainly wanted to go to Tropical World to see the new baby meerkats.
- We also saw lots of birds:
- … and butterflies:
- I think we were the only ones in there without a child, but I was a big enough kid to make up for it! We then had a rainy walk around one of the lakes and ate some chocolaty cakes.
- Although I didn’t have any chocolate eggs, I do feel high on sugar thanks to lots of cakes and rice pudding. I’m fed up of so much sugar, if that’s possible, and have been craving more savoury things today.
Thanks for sticking with this post – it’s turned into a monster!
Does anyone workout in the evening, and if so do you have any tips for sleeping well after a hard workout?
Are you a big kid at heart?